We often say that there’s always something going on in Surrey. With a city so vast and diverse, there’s always a cultural celebration, family friendly event, or staple festival happening in the city. The city of Surrey hosts several staple events that happen each and every year, and we’re excited to share these events with you so you can mark your calendar and ensure you don’t miss out on all the fun!
- Children can make “peaceful crafts,” like tissue paper poppies and thankful artwork, to commemorate the day
- Write thank you notes on postcards that will be delivered to Lower Mainland veterans and their families
- Set the kids loose in the fully interactive Kids Gallery to explore sustainability from a child's point of view
- View WWII documentary videos in the Museum’s theatre
- Watch demonstrations of weaving and spinning in the Textile Studio and see a heritage loom used to rehabilitate veterans
- Warm up with hot beverages and cookies.
Lecture. Seating is limited, so please ensure your spot by requesting a ticket at the event welcome table.
- Wartime photographs, newspapers and photographs from the Archives collection
- War Veteran’s Stories - A slide show about War Veterans from Surrey
- Uniforms from Heritage Surrey’s Human History Collection
- Oral Histories from Surrey war veterans
- A small exhibit featuring Surrey war artifacts
- Activities for children